Sunday 4 March 2007

I've arrived!

Well, I finally got here - only 38 hours door to door!

Left home at 1.00pm on Thursday 1 March and arrived at my hotel at 6.00pm (5.00am UK time) on Saurday 3 March.

I flew from Manchester to Dubai (7 hours), to Sydney (14 hours), Christchurch (3 hours) and then, finally, Dunedin (1 hour). It was the waits in airports that added to the journey - 3 hours at Manchester, 3 hours Dubai, 2 hours Sydney and 3 hours Christchurch. However, at least at Manchester and Dubai I could use the Emirates Business Lounge - one of the advantages of travelling so much wih Emirates and have accummulated enought miles to have a Gold Card!


The heat's a bit of shock, though it's only 20 degrees C. It's nice being back in shorts.

Dinner with my host, Tony Harland, this evening.


No comments: